The Clergy Support Ministry shall provide opportunities for continuing education and support to augment the work of the Conference Minister and the Association Committees on Church and Ministry.
The Clergy Support Ministry is holding all our clergy and congregations in our prayers during these times when the challenges of ministry in our churches, country, and world are so significant. We also want folk in the Conference to know that we are offering several resources for clergy in these challenging times:
- Nancy Brown, MSW, offered two workshops (one in December and one in February) for clergy focused on managing difficult conversations and conflict in church and community. If the need should arise, this workshop may be repeated again.
- Pastor and writer Elsa Anders Cook led a Lenten Workshop with a focus on both Lenten and Holy week liturgical planning and on the spiritual needs of pastors during this season. If you missed it, watch a replay at: https://youtu.be/bk4esbbkw4k
- An Advent Workshop held in October was well received. Rev. Maren Tirabassi shared these resources from that event.
- Our Clergy Day virtual gathering this spring will focus on unpacking and processing the trauma that is even now unfolding in our church communities from the extended separations caused by the pandemic and the stresses in our society.
- There is also the possibility of offering a follow-up workshop in the fall that emphasizes recovery from trauma and resilience in communities.
We ask that you continue to pray for and support the pastors and chaplains in our midst who minister in the name of the church in these times.