COVID-19 Liability Insurance FAQs from the Insurance Board - Posted June 2, 2020
United Church of Christ Cornerstone Fund Pandemic Relief Loans
Download the Relief Loan Flyer to learn more. (posted May 13, 2020, Updated July 9, 2020)
SBA Payroll Protection Loans
Download the FAQ's from the Small Business Administration (Updated April 29, 2020)
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Participation of Faith-Based Organizations in the Paycheck Protection Program and Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program.
Payroll Protection Program Borrower Information Sheet
Paycheck Protection Program Application Form
Legislative Acts Related to Covid-19
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFRCA) will be effective April 2, 2020 and remains in effect until December 31, 2020
FFRCA applies to employers with fewer than 500 employees, including religious organizations engaged in commerce; organizations with 50 or more employees are deemed to be engaged in commerce.
- May 4, 2020: Updated Memorandum on the CARES Act from the Office of General Counsel, United Church of Christ
(original memorandum was April 2)
- April 15, 2020: Unemployment for Church Workers from the Office of General Counsel, United Church of Christ
- April 7, 2020, 2:00 PM EST: Register for The CARES Act and Your Ministry Webinar. Join Insurance Board & Dean A. Rocco, a Partner at Wilson Elser, as he explains the CARES Act and how it can assist your ministry.
- April 3, 2020: The Office of General Counsel, United Church of Christ issues an updated Memorandum on the CARES Act
- April 2, 2020:The Office of General Counsel, United Church of Christ releases a Memorandum on the CARES Act
- March 31, 2020, 2:00 PM EST: Heather E. Kimmel, General Counsel for the United Church of Christ, offered a webinar on the new FFRCA. Download the flyer to learn more. Watch a replay of this video on Youtube.
- March 30, 2020: Update to information is available in a Memorandum from the Office of General Counsel, United Church of Christ
- March 30, 2020: Updated Summary of the FFRCA
- FFRCA Employee Rights Poster
- CARES Act Unemployment Insurance Explainer (Prepared by Ways and Means Republicans as of March 26, 2020)
Procedures for Organizations Seeking to Postpone or Cancel Meetings or Switch to Electronic Meetings or Voting in Light of Covid-19
(Updated March 25, 2020)
Church Finances and Online Giving
Generosity in Challenging Times Webinar
During these challenging times, many pastors and lay leaders wonder about church giving and finances. On Thursday, April 16th, Rev. Andrew Warner, Generosity Outreach Officer in the national setting, held a webinar to discuss stewardship during the pandemic and to think of how adopting best practices can be crucially important.
Watch a replay of the webinar at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bjqZ0sYPf1KDE6M6-cMkfvS3Z0NrytGB/view?usp=sharing
Other resources recommended by Rev. Warner include:
The Insurance Board is providing many webinars to assist your church and ministry during this time. Webinars include topics such as Online Giving, the CARES Act, Social Media guidelines, HR Issues, and Church Safety/Best Practices. Visit https://www.insuranceboard.org/online-learning/ to learn more.